SPECIALIST INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE (OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE) JOB
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
Specialist Industrial Hygiene (Occupational Hygiene) Job
Location: Boxmeer, NL
Specialist Industrial Hygiene (Occupational Hygiene)-IND000185
The MSD Boxmeer Global Safety and Environment Department provides safety and environmental support for all MSD Boxmeer operations in order to drive towards world class EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) performance. The department (currently 6 people) covers all the essential EHS expertise.
Reporting to the Global Safety and the Environment Manager for MSD Animal Health The Netherlands, the Specialist Industrial Hygiene will be responsible for leading and driving implementation of the site’s Health program especially the industrial hygiene program, ensuring compliance with both regulatory and company requirements and providing Industrial Hygiene technical support for engineering projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and coordinate the execution of the site’s Industrial Hygiene systems and Ergonomics, including site processes to anticipate, recognize, and evaluate workplace health hazards and recommend proper control strategies to manage identified risks;
- Prioritize IH-related risks and develop and assist with implementing corrective action and preventive action plans. Monitor and communicate overall status of plans to Site Management;
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and collaborate with other Industrial Hygienists, EHS staff, Engineering /and Operations personnel to leverage best practices and drive continuous improvement efforts;
- Coordinate the IH Monitoring team efforts in execution of site’s exposure monitoring programs;
- Maintain the required technical competencies, proficiencies, and regulatory knowledge to ensure responsibilities are effectively executed;
- Technical expertise needs to include but is not limited to: exposure assessment & monitoring of pharmaceutical operations; control strategies – prevention, engineering controls, work practice controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) including respiratory protection, applicable regulatory and MSD requirements;
- Establish and maintain excellent communication processes to ensure on site and above site management, occupational health, and affected employees understand the workplace hazards, exposures, and accompanying risks, as well as the needed control strategies;
- Provide technical support for new projects and modifications to ensure proper Industrial Hygiene design review, containment verification, as well as routine /maintenance evaluation after process / equipment installed / implemented;
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene self-assessments / audits;
- Develop and implement effective Industrial Hygiene-related training programs for both management and employees;
- Serve as the site’s Industrial Hygiene Coordinator for the site and participates in local and Global Safety and &IH committees.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene /Ergonomics as well as an expectation to have or obtain professional certification in industrial (occupational) hygiene recognized under the NAR program of the International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA);
- At least 5 years of experience with managing risks associated with high potency pharmaceutical compounds and full understanding of containment systems and concepts;
- Experience in leading the integration of excellent Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics processes into chemical / pharmaceutical operations or similar industries;
- Ability to analyze data, interpret results/ trends, decide appropriate, cost effective corrective actions and provide clear recommendations to both management and employees;
- Excellent technical, leadership and communication (oral & written) skills in Dutch and English.
MSD is working to help the world be well. Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them. MSD has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
MSD. Be well. For more information, visit our website: msd.nl/career/
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
A good place to work
MSD is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators. MSD always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels. We expect a lot from our people and MSD has a lot to offer them as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what MSD values and rewards most. If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, MSD will be a good place for you to work. We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people. MSD gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact Ron Cremers, Manager Global Safety & Environment, Boxmeer by phone via: 0485-587492
If you are interested in this challenging role, you are requested to apply online via the 'Apply' button by uploading your resume and application letter in English.
Job: Industrial Hygiene & Safety Job Title: Specialist Industrial Hygiene (Occupational Hygiene)
Primary Location: EMEA-Netherlands-NB-Boxmeer
Employee Status: Regular
Job Segment: Industrial Hygiene, Industrial, Engineer, Law, Respiratory, Engineering, Manufacturing, Legal, Healthcare
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Boxmeer, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Occupational Hygiene