|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
|Opleidingsniveau||HBO, PhD, WO|
Samskip is looking for a professional who can realise cost savings through procurement and operational excellence whilst maintaining our high service levels and vendor relationships. Are you the procurement expert we are looking for?
Managing our central procurement: the job
As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for establishing procurement categories and dealing with these categories. Your challenge? Developing and executing a procurement strategy, including a ‘make versus buy’ consideration for several categories and developing relevant KPI’s. You will focus on central procurement, so your scope will cover haulage and barge capacity, terminal and depot services, rail capacity, chartered vessels, bunkers, pay-as-use slots on vessel, equipment investment, leases and rentals (containers, trailers, chassis).
You will stand out by:
- Achieving cost savings through procurement and by contributing to operational excellence whilst maintaining the required service levels.
- Ensuring an optimal balance between fixed and variable capacity to make sure we constantly have well-utilised capacity that can cope with peaks in demand.
- Timely identifying market developments that could have an impact on Samskip and initiating relevant action when needed.
- Building and maintaining a central database with all relevant procurement information and initiating procurement systems where relevant.
- Acting as a Samskip ambassador by promoting our brand amongst potential suppliers.
Impact our business: our ideal Samskip employee
At Samskip, a job is never just a job. It is a journey that allows you to develop your ideas and contribute to our success. We would like you to demonstrate visible leadership within and beyond your team: leading the procurement team and directing others, using your excellent communication and negotiation skills. You are focused on costs and can deal with problems efficiently.
The Procurement Manager we are looking for:
- holds a bachelor’s or master’s degree in logistics or a business discipline.
- has at least 7 years of procurement experience and preferably logistics experience.
- masters the Dutch and English language, both verbally and written.
- is in possession of a driving license.
What we offer you
Samskip offers you career opportunities and the chance to develop your skills in an ambitious, dynamic and professional organisation. Each individual contributes to the overall success of Samskip and we encourage personal responsibility, commitment and collaboration for the benefit of our company, employees and our customers.
“We don’t just move containers, we move careers forward too.”
We also offer you:
- A competitive salary, including a holiday pay and a thirteenth salary.
- 28 days of annual leave and a pension scheme.
- A company car.
- A great team with enthusiastic colleagues to make your day.
Are you ready to become our newest team member?
Immerse yourself into the culture of Samskip by clicking on the “Apply” button, and apply immediately! We look forward meeting you.
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We focus in particular on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 632 million Euros, Samskip is one of the largest transport companies in Europe, with offices in 24 countries in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing around 1520 employees in total.