(JUNIOR) BRACHYTHERAPY SUPPORT AND INSTALLATION ENGINEER
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
A role that counts: Join a team that operates at the cutting edge of cancer treatment technology
Elekta is the global leading innovator of equipment and software designed to save, prolong and enhance the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. In the Netherlands we constantly work to innovate and improve equipment and software for brachytherapy, a means of delivering High Dose Rate radiotherapy with optimized accuracy and minimal invasiveness. What could be more satisfying than providing support and installation expertise for this ultra-modern technology while interacting with specialists and medics both on-site and remotely?
(Junior) Brachytherapy Support and Installation Engineer
Veenendaal, 40 hours a week
This position is based at our key site in the Netherlands and you will join a team of ffour Engineers. You travel for approximately 75% of the time to hospitals across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, initially with experienced colleagues as you learn how to install and support Elekta Brachy equipment. You also receive extensive training regarding Brachy equipment, and in terms of working with radioactive materials on-site.
In this role you are responsible for a varied range of activities including installations, planned maintenance (radioactive source exchange), emergency corrective actions, highlevel trouble shooting, upgrades, trainings, courtesy calls to customers and telephone support. All work is carried out in accordance with Elekta’s strict safety procedures. You well get an extended internal and external trainingprogram to keep you update and qualified for this job.
An outwards-facing role for a confident communicator
This is a role in which you act as an ambassador for Elekta, constantly interacting with doctors and other professionals as you answer their questions and keep them up to date with new developments. As such, it is essential that you embody a strong customer focus and possess excellent customer service skills
In order to fulfill this role, you must possess the following personal and professional attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or vocational education in Electronics (HBO-E or MBO-E with working experience), ideally with affinity with IT;
- Knowledge of electronics, mechanics, PCs and servers, networks, diagnostic equipment and all engineering disciplines;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to rapidly identify and solve problems under pressure;
- both able and willing to travel for 75% of the time, including extended visits and weekends.
- administrative skills as far as reporting on installation & service orders.
An attractive offer from a great organization
Elekta is a flexible and forward-thinking international organization that is fully focused on the wellbeing of our employees. You will enjoy a flexible working atmosphere with informal structures, along with the knowledge that you are contributing to the improvement of cancer treatments. Further benefits include:
- A permanent contract and a competitive salary that matches your experience;
- a profit-sharing arrangement: max 16% on a yearly basis (9% average in recent years);
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 27 days of holiday and 13 ADV days per year;
- Lease Car;
- Mobile phone and laptop;
- A tax-advantageous fitness package;
- Good company restaurant and regular opportunities to socialize within the company;
- Flexible working hours;
- Learning & development opportunities;
- Elekta offers every possibility for you to progress in your career
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact Marco Slot (teamlead Installations Brachy Solutions) ] for more information about this position, phone number +31 (0)6 53279172. To apply, please use the ''Apply'' button.
Elekta is proud to be the leading innovator of equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. Our advanced, effective solutions are created in collaboration with customers, and more than 6,000 hospitals worldwide rely on Elekta technology. Our treatment solutions and oncology informatics portfolios are designed to enhance the delivery of radiation therapy, radiosurgery and brachytherapy, and to drive cost efficiency in clinical workflows. Elekta employs 3,600 people around the world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Elekta is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm. www.elekta.com.