SENIOR HR ADVISOR
|Werklocatie||Nijverheidsweg 5, 6422 PD, Heerlen|
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
Senior HR Advisor
As key member, the HR team is embedded amongst local business management, providing generalist HR guidance & support and driving the achievement of business goals through workforce development. This role is site related (Heerlen, Terneuzen and Grobbendonk - BE)
Operational HR activities
- Part of the Site Management Team
- Participate in management meetings in order to understand the business, its challenges and the implications on HR in the sites;
- Lead HR discussions within management regarding HR issues that requires actions / solutions;
- Provide HR updates and information to the site management.
- Develop the Site’s Talent
- HR annual processes (example: performance management) - communicate process in the site, consult to managers, participate in site level calibrations, present conclusions to site management, collect and provide feedback and participate in lesson learned;
- Training - contribute to annual training plan and provide site needs, serve as SME where relevant, support the managers in training challenges;
- Managers onboarding – Provide HR information to the new managers and establish a relationship with the new manager;
- Team development – raise the need, think with SHS on the suitable solution (HRM leading, SHS consultant leading, HRM and SHS consultant leading together).
- Consultant to Management regarding the Employee Life Cycle
- Provide support to the management team regarding the events in the employee cycle - recruitment, hire, promotion, transfer, disciplinary, LOA and termination;
- Consult to the managers whether to take action, how to take action, is there a more suitable action to take, what terms should the employee receive, how to communicate this to the employee and more;
- Base the consultation on HR professionalism, policies and guidelines, ethics, efficiency, uniformity, timing, budget, legal aspects etc.;
- Refer the manager to the shared services when needed (for information for example);
- Escalate to higher managerial level when needed.
- Manage change and implement organizational initiatives
- organizational initiatives - provide input regarding site needs and characteristics, communicate initiative in the site / support managers in communications and consult to managers regarding implementing the initiative;
- Changes in site level - raise the need, design with SHS and/or HRBP the change management plan (the actions, responsibilities, timeline and budget where relevant) and execute the plan (including writing communications, leading change events, consult to managers about their role in the change, etc.).
- Business Managers – Provide HR consultations and support;
- HRM Netherlands – reporting into this role;
- HR Shared Services – collaborate on HR processes to provide the best service to the business;
- Segment HR Director – Provide information regarding the site and its characteristics and receive segment's Emphasis and guidelines.
- Human Resources proficiency (field's concepts, practices and procedures);
- Delivering value to the customer; ability to act as sparring partner for senior business management;
- Leading change;
- Ethical behavior;
- High interpersonal communication and influencing skills and the ability to interact well at all levels, displays tact and diplomacy, high sense of integrity and is valued as confident;
- Excellent organizational skills; proactive, hands-on, professional and confident;
- Decision Making, problem solving, flexibility and creativity;
- Ability to work well under pressure in a matrix organization;
- Fluent English and Dutch language;
- Travelling as required to different site facilities and also regular to the ICL European Shared Service Center in Amsterdam. Job requires driving license, availability of own car. Willingness to stay in hotel if required for job/meetings.
Education and Experience
- Educated to a minimum Bachelor’s Degree level (Human Resources or other related discipline);
- 3-6 years of human resource experience;
- Relevant experience in an international and multicultural environment, preferably in the chemical industry or another industrial environment;
- Experience with HR Information systems, like SuccessFactors, is an advantage;
- Up to date knowledge of Dutch law is required;
- Knowledge of Belgian law is required.
Please apply through the 'Appy' button and submit a copy of your current CV along with a cover letter. For more information about this position you can contact Peggy de Mey, Talent Acquisition Specialist via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 641656203.
Our history began in the early 20th century with the first efforts to extract minerals from the Dead Sea in Israel's South. During this period, several other state-owned companies were created to extract minerals from the Negev Desert and transform them into chemical products. Over the years, many of these companies were joined to become today’s ICL (Israel Chemicals Ltd.).
Today we are a global powerhouse in fertilizers and specialty chemicals with production activities located in Israel, Europe, the US, South America and China, and a worldwide marketing and logistics network. Nearly 50% of our sales are derived from products manufactured outside of Israel, demonstrating the geographical diversity of our operations.
ICL has expanded its global presence in established markets such as North America and Europe, as well as in targeted emerging regions, such as China, India and Brazil. This expansion has also resulted from business acquisitions and the establishment of Regional centres and joint ventures with strong, local partners. By focusing on products that contribute to the world’s long-term sustainability, we believe that this is enhancing our positioning in markets with strong long-term growth potential.
Please see our website www.icl-group.com where you will find more about our culture and values as well as our successes and the strategy “Next Step Forward”.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Fulltime, Heerlen, HRM, Manager.